Chocolate-Almond Einkorn banana muffins. This recipe is eggless, low in fat, vegan, naturally sweetened, and most importantly, delicious!
medium sizedripe bananas- must be ripe!
- 1.5 cups Young Living Einkorn flour
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 8 pitted dates + ¼ cup of water (or ½ cup sweetener of choice: brown sugar, coconut sugar, white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops of Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt – optional
- ¼ cup organic semi-sweet/dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (or any other nuts of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your cupcake/muffin tins (either line them with cupcake liners or grease them with oil of your choice)
- Mash the bananas in a big bowl
- Blend the pitted dates, water, and apple sauce in a blender until smooth (make sure there are no chunks of dates in the mix because they are your sweetener for the whole recipe!)
- Pour the blended mixture into the bananas, and mix in the vanilla extract and the Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil until well combined
- Next, sift the dry ingredients in the big bowl: Einkorn flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Gently fold your sifted dry ingredients into the wet mixture until well combined
- Divide your dough. Grab two smaller bowls and divide evenly, so that you can customize your muffins into two fun flavors! (or you can just grab half of the batter into another bowl and keep the other half where you had it)
- Add the chocolate chips to one bowl
- Add the almond extract and the almond pieces to the other bowl
- Scoop the chocolate the batter into half of your cupcake tray and the almond batter into the remaining half!
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
Note: You want to make sure that the muffins are still a little soft when you take them out of the oven. If you let them get too dry inside the oven, they won’t be moist when they cool down!