If you’re looking for a healthy treat, you need to try this guilt-free, naturally sweetened Einkorn Cookie Cake! We have a former Food Scientist turned Corporate Trainer on our team, Carla Belliard YL, who loves baking and cooking with Einkorn. She created this recipe and we are in love! Einkorn flour is nutritious, easy to digest, and higher in nutrients than regular modern wheat. Your body and sweet tooth will thank you!
- 1 ¼ cups Young Living Einkorn flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 scoops Pure Protein Complete/Vanilla Spice ( do not add for vegan option)
- ½ cup 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup/ Raw Honey/ Agave
- ¼ cup Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- ¾ c Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- For a spicier, holiday flavor add: – 1 drop Cinnamon Vitality and 2 drops Orange Vitality**
12 servings – 113 cal/serving – 20g carbs/ 3g fat/ 4g protein
- Line a round cake pan with parchment
paper,set your oven rack in the middle, and pre-heat your oven at 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, sift all of your dry ingredients.
- In a bigger bowl, stir together the maple syrup, apple sauce, vanilla, and your choice of egg.
- Gently fold your dry mixture into your wet ingredients. Once your dough is uniform, stir in your chocolate chips, making sure not to overwork the mix.
- Pour your cookie dough in the pre-lined baking dish and bake at 350 F for 20 – 25 minutes (depending on your oven). Allow cookie to cool for about 10- 15 minutes before eating.
Enjoy your warm einkorn cookie with your favorite drink or ice cream and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. That’s IF you have leftovers!