Chaotic mornings often lead us to either wolf down an unhealthy breakfast or skip the meal altogether, but neither will give your body the pep you need to make it through your day! Here’s a recipe for a delicious and fortifying morning meal, so you can start off on the right foot.
To create a recipe that is low in gluten and provides both fiber and protein, I have integrated Young Living’s Einkorn Spaghetti into a savory breakfast. You can cook fresh spaghetti or use leftover spaghetti from a previous meal.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- ½ box of Einkorn Spaghetti, precooked
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 4 drops Basil Vitality Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2–3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine garlic, flaxseed, olive oil, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Add spinach and tomatoes to
saucepanand cook until tomatoes become tender.
- Drop Basil Vitality and Lemon Vitality essential oils into the pan and mix thoroughly.*
- Place the cooked spaghetti directly into the pan and stir until all the pasta has been integrated into the sauce. Once pasta becomes warm, remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, cook eggs as desired (over easy or poached is recommended). Divide pasta onto two plates and place the eggs on top of each serving.
Voila! You now have a unique, simple, and satisfying way to start the morning. This recipe can be customized too—simply swap out the vegetables for your own take on this easy-to-make breakfast.
We would love to hear how you have incorporated the new Einkorn products into your favorite recipes. Leave us a comment and share your newest meal idea with us!
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate